Red Wings Add Free Agents to Development Camp Roster
The first photos from the Red wings Development Camp have emerged. One in particular shows several additional free agent try-outs. Only the last names are identified, but here’s an educated guess on the additions:
- Tyson Teichmann – (pictured) A 6-foot, 146 pound goalie who plays for the Belleville Bulls. The former first round selection in the OHL priority draft backstopped the Canadian Under-18 team to a gold medal in 2010. Teichmann is a butterfly style goalie who’s inconsistent play is likely the reason why he was not drafted and was an early cut from the Canadian World Junior selection camp this season.
- Danny Dekeyser – A 6-foot-2, 170 pound defenseman who played for Western Michigan University this season. The Algonac Michigan native is a stay at home defenseman who is a good skater and plays with a physical edge.
- Adam Estoclet – A 6-foot-2, 172 pound forward wrapped up his collegiate career earlier this Spring while attending Dartmouth College. The Orno, Minnesota native played seven games with Providence of the AHL after signing a amateur try-out contract.
- Brad Walch – A 6-foot-1, 209 pound defenseman is another Michigan product who currently plays for the Saginaw Spirit of the OHL. He’s a rugged defenseman who plays a steady defensive game.
- Zach Franko – A 5-foot-11, 175 left wing who opted to play for Kelowna of the WHL after originally committing to Bemidji State University. Franko is an undersized offensive forward who notched 22 goals and 53 points as a WHL rookie.
- Evan Mosher – A 6-foot, 186 pound goalie who has played the last three seasons for the PEI Rockets of the QMJHL. Mosher posted a respectable 2.79 goals against in 57 games this season marking his first sub .300 season to date.
- Travis Novak – 5-foot-11, 160 pound forward who has spent the last three years at St. Cloud State University. The 22 year-old forward nearly had his hockey career halted when he suffered an ugly neck injury in November that resulted in him laying on the ice for 25 minutes.
- Artem Sergeev – A 6-foot-1, 205 pound defenseman who played for Val d’Or of the QMJHL last year. The Russian native is an offensive defenseman who who makes a good first pass.
* Editors Update: All Players listed above have now been confirmed as tryouts for the Red Wings!